|The Finance Associate supports the Finance Team’s efforts to give excellent service to NOLS employees and students worldwide. Through this experience, you will be immersed in the world of finance and accounting – and get a behind-the-scenes look at the operations of one of the largest outdoor organizations in the world.
We are looking for someone excited about supporting systems in general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. You will assist other finance and accounting functions and provide backup to other tasks during leave.
This is an opportunity for a systems-oriented person with an eye for improving processes, and an excitement for working with a team.
Your potential for impact
Manage detail-oriented and high-volume data:
|About this vacancy
Lander, WY, USA.
Full-time. Eight-month position with high likelihood to be extended.
Starting wage for this position is $16.00/hour.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending account, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time off, 403(b), 403(b) contribution.
Interviews on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
The target start date for this role is two weeks from the time of offer.
Send cover letter & resumé to Sable Weisman; [email protected]
Assist with processes and finance systems:
- In collaboration with Controller, plan and implement system improvements
- Manage accounts payable (A/P) filing, split A/P checks and mail, help with payable run data entry
- Assist in payroll by creating new employee files and filing employee paperwork. Manage former employee files moving to permanent storage.
- Process student credit card refunds, initial review of Wilderness Medicine refunds, help with monthly billing and track and file sales invoices
Organize and assist with finance operations:
- Collaborate across departments to ensure basic accounting needs are met
- Assist with end of fiscal year transfer of information
- Prepare documentation for the annual audit
- Assist with physical in-office and electronic organization of files
- Maintain office supplies
- Pick up and distribute department mail daily
Who will succeed in this position
We are looking for more than just technical skills; we are looking for team players who have the desire to learn and add value to our organization by bringing these attitudes:
- Excellence: Brings the best in every process involved
- Systems aware: Propensity for efficient systems-based thinking
- Flexible: Adapts quickly and balances competing priorities and deadlines, and works both closely in a team/group setting and independently
- Proficient: In technical skills; spreadsheets, database management and accounting software
- Articulate: Speaks or writes with ease, clarity, and impact.
- Detail-oriented: Faculty for meticulously entering, filing, and reviewing data
- Sensible: Handles susceptible information and maintains the utmost confidentiality
- Experience with Microsoft and Google suite
Additional Important Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
NOLS values community and fosters a sense of belonging for our employees and applicants. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace because they embody these values, as well as our operating principle of promoting a positive, safe, and learning environment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for disability; limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition; religion; and domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or harassment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested at any point of the employment process, including during recruitment. Please email [email protected] with your request.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact human resources.