The Facilities and Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing land management, guest services, equipment logistics, and recreational activities. Employee will assist Assistant Director of Education with engaging and meaningful outdoor recreation experiences and support overall brand communications with innovative online and offline content.
Employee’s primary duties will include:
* Managing and directing staff to oversee rental hospitality and guest services, especially in support of educational programs, negotiating facility use contracts, greeting and registering guests in and out for their reservations, accepting and processing payments, ensuring housekeeping, stocking supplies, tracking rental fees for tourism bureau, managing vehicle and equipment inventory, processing vehicle and equipment issue and return, etc.;
* Managing and directing staff to support outdoor skills education, especially coordination of facility and equipment logistics as well as cultural and natural resources for activities such as wilderness medicine, Leave No Trace, camping, snow travel, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, fishing, climbing, rope work; and…
* Managing and directing staff and collaborating with Director and Assistant Director to create and manage communications and public facing content that engages the public with GO•REC land, facilities, and resources through digital and conventional channels, especially creating and publishing content over digital platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, etc.
In addition to or as part of these primary duties, Employee will…
* Manage scheduling and reservations;
* Support event logistics;
* Sometimes serve as education instructor;
* Inspect, maintain, and repair buildings, outdoor spaces, equipment, and schedule necessary contractors and service as necessary;
* Developing systems for organization;
* Ensure all land management, services, and activities follow standards such as Leave No Trace, etc.;
* Manage budget and create monthly report;
* Create and publish digital and conventional media;
* Interview and hire interns;
* Manage internet and phone systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in outdoor education, outfitting, resorts, camps, or campgrounds;
* Demonstrated logistical expertise in facilities management and/or hospitality or guest services;
* Familiar with organizations such as OIA, AORE, AEE, etc.;
* Demonstrated ability to manage a team;
* Adept in multiple environments and outdoor skills;
* Ability to deliver results in a fast paced, innovative environment.
* Strong skills in carpentry and/or land management;
* Certification in WFR, CPR, WFR, AMGA, ACA, LAB, NOLS Risk Management, etc.);
* BS or BA in outdoor education, recreation, or related field;
* Prior responsibility managing a budget over $20,000;
* Eextraordinary customer service and conflict resolution;
* Valid driver's license with no negative incidents;
* Computer skills using Google Apps Suite and the Internet;
* Ability to collaborate with diverse groups
GOREC is a fast-paced, fun, and innovative team. The team is outdoor enthusiastic: skiing and snowshoeing, mountain biking, hunting and fishing, backpacking, and an adventure runner. We are working toward becoming a leading community resource over the next 4 years: getting people outside and teaching best practices for outdoor recreation.
MISSION STATEMENT: To create passion for our natural world through outdoor experiences.