The Outdoor Educator Intern will be responsible for creating and leading outdoor recreation technical skills events, workshops, clinics, courses, schools/camps, and/or certifications. Primary focus will be on engaging the public with outdoor skills over digital platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, etc. Responsibilities include live videos, synchronous/asynchronous learning, instructional content creation, remote/onsite event planning and leadership.
Employee’s primary duties will include:
1. Reporting to the Education & Program Director to deliver educational events and content onsite and/or online about technical skills;
2. Assists staff with creating and managing communications and public facing content to grow engagement;
3. Assists staff with day-to-day logistics in creating & facilitating outdoor recreation events, services, and venues.
1. Strong skills in outdoor leadership and participating in outdoor activities.
2. Active on social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
3. Must be able to work on multiple tasks and be flexible with changes in project priorities.
1. Currently enrolled in college and working towards a Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree
2. Certifications in Wilderness First Aid, CPR, AED, (Wilderness) Lifeguarding, etc.
3. Membership in WEA, AORE, AEE, etc.
GOREC is a fast-paced, fun, and innovative team. The team is outdoor enthusiastic: skiing and snowshoeing, mountain biking, hunting and fishing, backpacking, and an adventure runner. We are working toward becoming a leading community resource over the next 4 years: getting people outside and teaching best practices for outdoor recreation.
MISSION STATEMENT: To create passion for our natural world through outdoor experiences.