Green River Preserve Expeditions are teen adventure camps offering transformational life experiences and leadership training. Based on a foundation of respect, groups of up to twelve participants in 9th-12th grade and their leaders embark on a two-week long adventure trips paddling the shores of North Carolina. Participants in Green River Outer Banks Expeditions (OBX) travel aboard solo touring kayaks, Expeditioners explore some of the inland seas and legendary islands of the Outer Banks including Core and Bogue Sounds, Shackleford and Cape Lookout National Seashore. Based on the Green River Preserve philosophy, these Expeditions are designed to further stimulate the development of outdoor skills, teamwork, and self-understanding. OBX is based out of Stella, N.C. and involves kayaking and camping at campgrounds as well as remote sites. For more information please visit: http://www.greenriverpreserve.org/expeditions/outer-banks-expeditions
Minimum Job Requirements
· At least 21 years old
· A valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
· College graduate or equivalent life experience strongly preferred
· Wilderness First Responder, CPR, Lifeguard Certifications Required by start date
· Previous experience working with teenagers and leading outdoor trips
· Solid outdoor skills in a variety of activities
· Expertise in Leave No Trace Ethics
· Ability to work with little/no time
Wilderness First Responder, CPR, and lifeguard ideal by start date.
Experience kayaking, trip leading, and working with teens preferred.
About Green River Preserve
Green River Preserve, a non-profit, residential summer camp and expeditions program. The mission statement of Green River Preserve is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning experience and inspire a deep appreciation of interconnectedness, ecological respect, and the joy of living.