Spend your summer mentoring young people, teaching and playing in woods and rivers, and learning and growing as part of an amazing camp community! Gwynn Valley, a co-ed summer camp located just outside of Brevard, North Carolina, is seeking climbing program specialists for our upcoming season. As a climbing instructor, you’ll teach beginner-level rock climbing skills to campers aged 5 -14, and conduct various other activities during the day. Climbing specialists will typically alternate teaching and helping to lead four multi-day trips out of camp over the course of the summer. We climb at multiple sites in Western North Carolina such as Looking Glass, Rumbling Bald, and Linville Gorge. Plus, you’ll eat amazing food in our dining hall, make lifelong friends, learn new skills, build connections with outdoor industry professionals, save money (free room and board!) and have one of the best summers of your life!
- At least two years of climbing experience
- Able to climb routes of at least 5.10a difficulty on top rope, and trad lead routes of at least 5.8 difficulty
- Experience teaching belay techniques, climbing knots, and rock climbing techniques
- Experience working at a climbing gym, wall, or program preferred
- Experience managing staff preferred
- Due to the high level of responsibility, we prefer applicants who are 21+ and/or are highly mature and organized.
About Gwynn Valley Camp
Gwynn Valley is a co-ed residential summer camp located just outside of Brevard, North Carolina. We offer a farm, wilderness and traditional program that nurtures each camper while fostering a connection with the land and the simple joys of childhood. Gwynn Valley is a child-centered world where each camper learns and grows under the guidance of a mature and caring staff.