The High Mountain Institute is seeking an Advancement Associate, a full-time position at the High Mountain Institute. The Advancement Associate is charged with overseeing and expanding the scope of alumni relations at HMI while supporting admissions, development, and communications at the school.
About the High Mountain Institute: HMI joins the best of a traditional independent school environment with top-class outdoor education opportunities. HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
– Alumni Relations & Development Office Responsibilities:
– Continually consider and advance HMI’s engagement with alumni
– Promote alumni philanthropic support
– Collaborate with HMI Alumni Council
– Plan successful HMI reunions and other events on campus and regionally
– Create and coordinate alumni college and regional networks
– Actively engage alumni through in-person meetings, group events, and social media
– Collect and analyze data regarding HMI’s alumni body
– Coordinate the alumni sections of the bi-annual school newsletter
– Assist with communications and development activities of HMI
– Assist advancement office in all capacities, including database management and mailings
– Assist with the planning, implementing, and debriefing of development events
– Co-manage HMI’s social media networks and outreach
– Assist with other marketing and communications tasks as appropriate
– Up to 3 weeks of alumni and development-related travel
Admissions Office Responsibilities:
– Primary responder to admissions inquiries
– Coordinate mailings and other admissions-related tasks
– Communicate with interested and accepted families
– Work with the diversity recruitment coordinator to attract more diverse applicants
– Up to 4 weeks of admissions travel
– Facilitate logistics for admissions travel
– Assist with social media for HMI marketing
– Serve in a key support role for the admissions team
– Provide backup support as needed for the HMI Gap marketing team
Position Salary & Benefits:
– Dependent on experience: $32,000-$38,000 (inclusive of possible housing)
– Health, dental, and vision benefits
– 4-9% retirement benefits match after 1 year
– 3-5 weeks vacation
– Wilderness leadership training opportunities
– Annual professional development opportunities
– On-campus housing (as available)
The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.
Qualifications: BA or higher. Highly motivated and organized with a passion for the High Mountain Institute mission. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, comfort with and enthusiasm for public speaking and making presentations to large audiences. Enthusiasm for working with teenagers in a residential setting. Criminal and driving background check required.
Highly competitive applicants will have prior experience in marketing, communications, and social media outreach as well as a demonstrated passion for advancing issues relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About High Mountain Institute
A semester school for high school juniors, the High Mountain Institute (HMI) combines the best of a traditional independent school with outstanding outdoor education. HMI connects students to the natural world and teaches them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous, experiential academic program, extended wilderness trips, and an intentional community. HMI also offers a Summer Term for high school students and a variety of adolescent and adult programming. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.