The High Mountain Institute is seeking a full-time Director of Finance and Operations to begin work May 24, 2021. The Director of Finance & Operations oversees HMI’s accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, human resources, technology, and operations. The Director serves as a member of the school leadership team and serves as the staff support member to the HMI Board of Trustees Finance Committee.
About the High Mountain Institute: HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous academic program, extended wilderness trips, and a community of shared responsibility. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
● Create and oversee annual and capital budgets and long-term fiscal planning
● Provide staff support and advise Board of Trustees on fiscal matters
● Oversee IT systems
● Bid and oversee all HMI insurance programs
● Oversee retirement, healthcare, and other employee benefits
● Oversee all bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and regulatory filing for HMI
● Oversee facility maintenance and new capital construction
● Oversee human resources for all HMI employees
● Serve on HMI’s administrative team/oversee Executive Assistant/participate in on-call coverage
● Health, dental, and vision benefits
● 4-9% retirement benefits match after 1 year
● 3-6 weeks vacation
● Wilderness leadership training opportunities
● Annual professional development opportunities
● Competitive salary, dependent on experience
● On-campus housing (as available)
BA or higher in Accounting or another Business related field; 5-10 years prior experience in office management, benefits management, budgeting, bookkeeping, GAAP and accounting; ability to manage IT systems; proficiency in MS Office suite, Google Drive, Quickbooks, and web based applications, ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
About High Mountain Institute
A semester school for high school juniors, the High Mountain Institute (HMI) combines the best of a traditional independent school with outstanding outdoor education. HMI connects students to the natural world and teaches them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous, experiential academic program, extended wilderness trips, and an intentional community. HMI also offers a Summer Term for high school students and a variety of adolescent and adult programming. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.