The High Mountain Institute is seeking a Maintenance Assistant, a full-time year round position to support the maintenance and upkeep of our campus. Responsibilities include basic repairs, carpentry, painting, cleaning, snow removal, and record keeping.
About the High Mountain Institute
HMI joins the best of a traditional independent school environment with top-class outdoor education opportunities. We seek candidates who share our passion for educating adolescents to be good students and good adults. HMI seeks to connect our students to the natural world and teach them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous, experiential academic program, extended wilderness trips, and an intentional community. In addition to a high school semester, HMI also offers a summer term for high school students, a gap semester for 18-22 year olds, and a variety of adolescent and adult programming. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.
– Perform general building maintenance; including basic repairs, carpentry, painting, cleaning, and record keeping
– Perform campus grounds and landscaping upkeep
– Schedule vehicle maintenance, including record keeping
– Perform snow removal, plowing & shoveling from roads, paths, and roofs
– Share on-call responsibilities with Maintenance Manager to respond to emergency calls regarding facility problems during weekends and holidays
– Check maintenance logs daily and respond to issues in a timely fashion
– Maintain all HMI owned tools, equipment, and furniture in good working order
– Assist Maintenance Manager in performing special projects and in coordinating the work of outside contractors to perform special repair and improvement projects
– Health Insurance provided
– Retirement benefits (TIAA-CREF) after 1 year
– $15.50 – $18.50 per hour DOE
– Start date: June 2021
Correspondence via e-mail is preferred. The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
HMI’s Diversity Statement: The High Mountain Institute is an equal opportunity employer that strives for diversity by honoring the differences of each member of the community. We seek to build a community (of trustees, faculty, staff, and students) that represents ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic diversity and that brings a diversity of experience, background, talent, and perspective.
Minimum Qualifications: 1+ years of relevant experience in maintenance & repairs. Must maintain a valid drivers license.
- Inspired by HMI Mission
- Highly motivated & organized individual with prior relevant experience
- Passion for high quality workmanship
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- High School diploma or the equivalent required
- Criminal and driving background check required
About High Mountain Institute
A semester school for high school juniors, the High Mountain Institute (HMI) combines the best of a traditional independent school with outstanding outdoor education. HMI connects students to the natural world and teaches them essential leadership and communication skills through participation in a rigorous, experiential academic program, extended wilderness trips, and an intentional community. HMI also offers a Summer Term for high school students and a variety of adolescent and adult programming. For more information, please visit www.hminet.org.