BOATHANDS ARE TEMPORARY (SEASONAL) EMPLOYEES WHO ASSIST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR JACK’S BOAT RENTAL IN WELLFLEET, MA. OPEN FROM LATE MAY THROUGH MID-SEPTEMBER. ATTENDANTS HAVE WIDE-RANGING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BOAT-HANDLING JOB DUTIES.
• Assist in registering customers in renting non-motorized boats.
• Assist in fitting customers with proper paddling/sailing equipment.
• Demonstrate safety and paddling instructions to customers.
• Assist customers to load and unload boats and equipment from their vehicles.
• Assist team members to load and unload equipment for deliveries.
• Clean all equipment upon return and prepare it for subsequent rentals.
• Manage point-of-sale transactions for items sold by Jack’s.
• Answer phone calls and in-person inquiries – provide information and manage customer reservations.
• Ensure customers’ safety, fun and complete satisfaction.
• Assist in cleaning rental facilities to ensure a successful, professional and excellent experience for all.
• Be an ambassador for Jack’s Boat Rental.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
$17.50/hour. Free use of boats in off hours. Potential to lead/assist in trips and outings. Flexible schedule.
• Willingness and commitment to act in a professional and courteous manner at all times
• Knowledge of associated skills and equipment associated with non-motorized water sports
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Willingness to be flexible with work schedules
• Commitment to uphold all policies and protocols at Jack’s Boat Rental
• Able and willing to lift 50 pounds, repeatedly, in each work day
• At least 17 years of age; under 18 must provide legal work permit.
• Must be available to work between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. (holidays and weekends included)
• Have or willing to obtain basic first aid and CPR certifications
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
• Personal interest in outdoor recreation, especially non-motorized watersports
• Knowledge of Cape Cod (willing to learn)
Available May 25 through September 15. Other start/end dates are negotiable.
About Jack's Boat Rental
Kayak, SUP, canoe, surfboard, and sunfish rentals. Serving the outer Cape from Brewster to Provincetown.