Program Overview and Job Summary:
Keystone Science School’s strong brand is built on a longstanding reputation of providing high-quality educational and character-building programs to youth and adults for over 40 years. A key element to our success is in our capacity to fundraise through events, grant writing, and strong relationships with generous individuals. The Development Coordinator works in partnership with the program team, Development Director, Executive Director, and volunteers to oversee our annual events, assist with data analysis for grant proposals and reports, manage donor data confidentially, and provide administrative support to the Development team and Executive Director. A key piece of this position requires the ability to use various software systems to accurately track donor giving and ensure donors are acknowledged appropriately.
The most successful candidate will be adept at managing high volumes of data confidentially, problem-solving efficiently, and applying excellent interpersonal skills to a broad audience.
Three key strengths we seek in the ideal candidate are:
1. Impeccable and efficient attention to detail;
2. Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
3. An understanding of development/fundraising and event management best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment;
• Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license;
• Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!