The Program Coordinator is a full-time year-round position responsible for the successful implementation of all Keystone Science School’s Programs. Program Coordinators may be asked to oversee or support any of the programs operating at KSS during a given season, however this particular position will primarily focus on the KSS After School program based out of the local schools.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching/leading students in an outdoor setting;
• Candidates will be asked to provide verification of one of the following: (A) 4 year college degree with a major such as recreation, education with a specialty in art, elementary education or early childhood education, or a subject in the human services field; (B) 2 years of college training + 6 months (910 hours) of experience in the care and supervision of 4 or more children since attaining the age of 18;
• An understanding of education pedagogy and curriculum, and the ability to adapt instruction and lessons to meet a wide variety of learners utilizing different educational philosophies;
• Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor program staff;
• Familiarity with risk management as it pertains to outdoor education;
• Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with children;
• Ability to communicate verbally and teach in Spanish;
• Previous experience as a Program Instructor or Apprentice at Keystone Science School;
• Experience supervising staff;
• Experience teaching in a K-12 classroom;
• Experience facilitating tent-camping and backcountry education programs;
• Proficiency with Google Drive and CampSite camp management software.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!