Job Title: Recruitment and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Employment Class: Full-Time, Regular
Pay Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $40,500 – 45,255 per year
Expected Hours: Minimum 40 hours/week
Dates of Employment/Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Human Resources and Admin Director
Housing Available: No
Program Overview and Job Summary:
The Recruitment and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Human Resources and Administrative Director in supporting various Human Resources functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting; onboarding; training; diversity, equity, and inclusion; payroll; safety; policy implementation; and employment law compliance. The most successful candidate will be adept at managing high volumes of data confidentially and applying excellent interpersonal skills to a broad audience. Three key strengths we seek in the ideal candidate are:
1. Impeccable and efficient attention to detail;
2. Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
3. A strong understanding of Human Resources principles and practices.
Keystone Science School invites candidates to apply who are energetic, enthusiastic, smart, hard-working, self-directed, dedicated, and fun. Our tagline, Science. Adventure. Fun! summarizes what we seek in our employees: passionate about our work, willing to seek adventure and take risks to improve KSS, and able to laugh along the way. We work hard so we can play hard!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main areas of focus in this position are:
• 50% Employee Recruitment
• 20% Onboarding and Training
• 20% Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• 10% Payroll Support
• Drive aspects of the recruitment process for seasonal positions, including developing and executing a strong recruiting strategy, encouraging diversity, and driving our employee brand in the talent marketplace;
• Support hiring managers with applicant management in the recruitment process, including budget related to this effort;
• Develop tools and systems that streamline the recruitment process;
• Gather statistics and analyze trends on recruiting functions to assist with strategy;
• Prepare job postings to
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
• An attention to detail specific to writing reports, professional correspondence, and procedure manuals as well as inputting payroll data to ensure employees are paid accordingly and timely;
• A strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
• The motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
• Multi-task while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
• Computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), HRIS systems, and QuickBooks;
• Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!