The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR and Equity Manager and Director of Finance and Admin in supporting various Human Resources functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting; onboarding; training; diversity, equity, and inclusion; safety; policy implementation; and employment law compliance. The most successful candidate will be adept at managing high volumes of data confidentially and applying excellent interpersonal skills to a broad audience. Additionally, we are seeking a problem-solver and someone who approaches HR through a ‘can-do’ lens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main areas of focus in this position are:
• 70% Employee Recruitment
• 20% Onboarding and Training
• 10% General Human Resources Support
Salary range is $47,000 – $51,000 per year depending on experience, plus a generous benefits package including:
• 75% employer-paid medical and dental premiums for the employee and dependents;
• 100% employer-paid short- and long-term disability, $50,000 life insurance policy with matching AD&D benefit;
• Up to 120 paid PTO hours, 96 paid sick hours, and 80 paid holiday hours, pro-rated based on hours worked;
• 401K retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match contribution;
• Discounts for family members on KSS programs, plus access to outdoor industry pro deals and a discounted ski pass.
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university;
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the Human Resource environment;
• Proven understanding of DEI work at an organizational level (proof of trainings or certificates in DEI preferred);
• Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment;
• Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license.
• An attention to detail specific to writing reports, professional correspondence, and procedure manuals as well as inputting payroll data to ensure employees are paid accordingly and timely;
• A strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
• The motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
• The ability to multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
• Strong communication skills in both writing and organization.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!