Seasonal Program Instructors will facilitate overnight outdoor education field trips during the school year and overnight camp and adventure programs in the summer. During the school year the Seasonal Program Instructor is responsible for teaching the wide variety of curricula options offered by KSS. During the summer Seasonal Program Instructors may facilitate KSS summer camps including day and overnight programs on the Keystone Science School campus and at satellite locations around Summit County.
● Bachelor's or Associate's degree
● Minimum of 6 months of experience teaching students in an outdoor or classroom setting
● Current Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR certifications minimum
○ Current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) required for Summer Adventure programs
● Age 21+ with a minimum of 5 years driving experience, excellent driving record, and a valid driver's license
● Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check
● Ability to communicate verbally and teach in Spanish
● Wilderness First Responder Certification
● Bachelor’s or higher degree in a related field such recreation, education, or a subject in the human services field
● Proficiency with Google Drive and CampSite camp management software
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!