The Summer Healthcare Assistant engages with our day, residential, and teen leadership programs. This position supports the Summer Health Care Provider during drop-off and pick-up and mid-week when they are on break. When the Summer Healthcare Assistant is on shift, they work on the KSS campus and are responsible for planning, administering, and documenting all staff and child health-related situations. All summer healthcare providers will be expected to adhere to dynamic health guidance and policy set forth by KSS while working with children during a global pandemic, which will include elements of a communal living environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Health care professional who will provide care to campers and staff in day, residential, and expeditionary programming near and throughout Summit County Colorado;
● Uphold health care provider rules and regulations as outlined by Colorado Office of Early Childhood licensing and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for operating a Colorado residential and day camp;
● Work with children and staff during a pandemic and stay informed on public health standards/practices to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 & other communicable illnesses.
● Assess and manage the illnesses and/or injuries of program participants and staff;
● Manage and coach incidents in person/on-the-phone and coach staff trained in basic & wilderness first aid;
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of care;
● Work with KSS Customer Experience Team to screen and ensure accurate health information/documentation and communicate with guardians as necessary;
● Work directly with program managers, Child Care Health Consultant, Summer Health Care Worker, EMS, fire department, and hospital, as necessary;
● Attend and participate in camp programming when available;
● Candidates age 21+ with a minimum of 5 years driving experience will be required to participate in and pass Van Driver Training, and they will be required to drive a 15-passenger van;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with children;
● Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
● Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
● Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form;
● Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
● Superior customer service skills, with the ability to be creative and think 'outside the box'.
Required education, experience, and certifications:
● Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check;
● A licensed practical nurse, a licensed physician's assistant, a certified nursing assistant, emergency medical technician;
● Excellent driving record and a valid driver's license; Candidates age 21+ with a minimum of 5 years driving experience will be required to participate in and pass Van Driver Training, and they will be required to drive a 15-passenger van.
About Keystone Science School
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Keystone Science School’s historic campus serves as base camp for our diverse suite of inquiry-based learning programs. We combine hands-on science education with outdoor adventure to create engaging experiences for our students. At KSS, we change lives, we bring fun and laughter to everything we do, we care about each other and those we serve, we strive for excellence, we offer competitive compensation and generous benefits, and we are committed to serving students from diverse backgrounds. We’re proud to be Summit County’s #1 Best Non-Profit and #2 Best Place to Work (2019)! Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!