We are open for business and accepting applications for the 2021 season!
Our team at Liquid Alaska Tours understands that the current world events may be affecting your job seeking this summer. We would like to reassure you that we are tracking the situation on an ongoing basis and remain committed to our mission: Providing high-end Alaskan experiences that showcase our unique landscape, culture, and untamed spirit.
All of our tours are small group experiences and we take the utmost care to provide safe and thrilling adventures!
Want to spend the summer hiking on a glacier every day? Or how about canoeing across a glacier-fed lake in the middle of the Tongass National Forest surrounded by mountains and wildlife? With Liquid Alaska Tours, this could be your life!
Guiding in Alaska is an experience in itself and what you do in your free time just is all an extra added bonus! Juneau has roughly around 30,000 people and three times the amount of hiking trails than it does roads. It is an outdoor enthusiasts dream, tucked away in a remote corner of Southeast Alaska where the mountains and glaciers meet the Pacific Ocean. Our employees spend their time exploring nature for both work and play, all summer long. Peak summer daylight is in excess 18 hours a day, so even with a full workday there is always ample time for non-work adventures. We do our best to make sure all employees have a great work/life balance but remember this is a seasonal job that can be intense. So being flexible and always up for an adventure whether it is for work or play is a must!
If you’re seeking an exciting, challenging, demanding and rewarding environment, then working with us is a perfect match
Glacier and Canoe Guide:
You will be in charge of leading an adventure tour based around the Mendenhall Glacier Lake with equal time guiding guests on the lake in a large canoe and leading guests on and around the Mendenhall Glacier. This is a highly independent position, which requires the ability to guide safely and responsibly with limited supervision. Applicants should be outgoing and comfortable providing our guests with entertaining and informative narration.
* Instruct and lead clients safety and technique paddling of a canoe on a glacial lake
* Instruct and lead clients on safety and technique of hiking on glacial / moraine terrain
* Operate 14 Passenger Van and High-Roof Van while towing Trailers up to 50 ft long
* Adherence to safety regulations and hospitality standards at all times
* Maintenance and cleaning of equipment as assigned
* Participate in continued safety education and company training
* Other duties as assigned
* Current First Aid and CPR certification
* Clean driving record and ability to drive
* Wilderness First Responder, EMT or ETT training.
* Fluency in English
* 21+ years old by first date of employment
* Mountaineering experience
* Kayak and/or canoe guiding experience
* Glacier Guiding and/or Ice climbing
* Cold Water Rescue Training
About Liquid Alaska Tours
Liquid Alaska Tours is an adventure travel company headquartered in Juneau, Alaska. We are dedicated to providing high-end Alaskan experiences that showcase our unique landscape, culture, and untamed spirit. Founded in 2009, our dream became our mission: to provide visitors of the Last Frontier with unforgettable and unparalleled vacation experiences.
We are a small, locally owned and operated company. We strive to be the best in every way; for our guests, our team, our environment, our community, our world.