NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) is a nonprofit global wilderness school that supports thousands of students each year all over the world. Our school began in a small cabin in Sinks Canyon, Wyoming in 1965 as the National Outdoor Leadership School. At that time, we were primarily an outdoors skills school, doing our work in local mountain ranges and exploring what it meant to teach leadership in the backcountry. Today, we are NOLS, a multifaceted wilderness school headquartered in Lander, Wyoming with locations in seven U.S. states and six countries, that supports thousands of students each year all over the world in both field & classroom courses.
Process incoming and outgoing mail. Fulfill online store orders. Manage copy and print projects. Maintain supply inventories.
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows operating systems and experience with Google apps.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality required.
- Ability to work effectively in an active environment with frequent interruptions.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and climb stairs.
- Previous knowledge of shipping policies & procedures for USPS, FedEx, & UPS
- Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Process and distribute incoming mail and packages.
- Process and scan incoming payments daily and send to Finance.
- Capability to handle sensitive information and maintain the utmost confidentiality
- Fulfilling online store orders accurately and professionally.
- Prepare outgoing mail packages, domestic and international, using various carriers
- Educate and train co-workers on mailing procedures.
- Manage copy & print projects including weekly Wilderness Medicine course folders and sticker packs
- Maintain and stock shipping, office, & breakroom supply inventories.
The above duties should not be considered an exhaustive list; other responsibilities may be required.
This position is based at our World Headquarters location in Lander, Wyoming and is a ¾ time, benefited position. Working hours will be 9am to 4pm with 1 hour lunch.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
NOLS values community and fosters a sense of belonging for our employees and applicants. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace because they embody these values, as well as our operating principle of promoting a positive, safe, and learning environment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for disability; limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition; religion; and domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or harassment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested at any point of the employment process, including during recruitment. Please email [email protected] with your request.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact human resources.
How to Apply
Please send your PDF cover letter and resume, and any questions to: Katie Bingaman at [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications
Open Until Filled
The target start date for this role is two weeks from the time of offer.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.