Drumlin Farm Camp is full of outdoor exploration, teambuilding, games, and much more. We are looking for staff to lead nature activities, teambuilding games, and day and overnight field trips around New England for campers ages 12-14. Join a positive, welcoming staff community in a beautiful place to share your love of nature with youth!
– Co-lead small groups of campers ages 12-14 on nature explorations, hikes, and outdoor adventures including overnight camping trips.
– Design and deliver lessons on human interactions with nature, natural history, and climate change as well as teambuilding games and hands-on activities.
– Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with caregivers and staff, and provide mentorship and care for campers.
– Participate in mandated, paid camp training and utilize learning including: natural history, communication, group management, health and safety, and teaching techniques.
Schedule: Staff training June 6-17, Camp: June 20-August 19. Day trips Mondays & Tuesdays, overnight trips Wed-Fri each week.
Pay range: $14.50-$17.50 / hour depending on experience
Play outside as you guide the future stewards of our planet, plus perks like:
– First Aid / CPR training – free class offered to staff in June
– Pro-deals on outdoor equipment and clothing
– Mass Audubon membership & reciprocity with New England museums
– Network with Mass Audubon staff (conservation, climate science, education, etc.)
- Must be at least 19 years old with at least one year of experience supervising children/youth
- Must enjoy working with children/youth, be able to work both cooperatively and independently, be flexible and responsible
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and support camper and self-care during overnight camping trips
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2022 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
- Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder are preferred F
- Experience driving a 12-passenger van
- Experience leading and/or planning service, camping or similar overnight trips
- We encourage applicants with a diversity of interests and work experience to apply. Interest or studies in environmental science, education, psychology, biology, agriculture, earth sciences, climate justice, or related fields are helpful.
About Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm Camp
At Drumlin Farm Camps, campers ages 4–17 develop an appreciation for nature. Campers gain confidence and comfort in the natural world and understand the interconnectedness among people, land, and wildlife.
Our programs encourage campers to explore local habitats while connecting them to the joys and wonders of the natural landscape. Campers engage through crafts, games, songs, cooking, and hands-on activities and connect with the land through place-based education.