Join us for our 2021 Summer of Service (SOS) program! SOS is a team-based, 12 or 14 week-long program for individuals between the ages 18-24. SOS participants (called Corpsmembers) serve on environmental stewardship projects on public lands throughout the Southern Front Range region. Corpsmembers will be enrolled in AmeriCorps—a national community service program. This means, get paid $960 biweekly while doing what you love and earn a scholarship at the same time!
Never had a job outside? Not sure if you like this kind of work? That’s okay! Our goal is to support you with the knowledge and team that you need to be successful. We will provide you with hands-on training related to all projects.
All we ask is that you bring your dedication to hard work, a positive attitude, and a commitment to a year you’ll never forget.
Apply on our website at https://www.milehighyouthcorps.org/apply-now
Summary of Compensation and Benefits:
• Biweekly Stipend – Earn a living stipend of $960.00 before taxes paid every 2 weeks.
o Leadership Opportunities available: Corpsmember Drivers are eligible for a living stipend of $980.00. Returning Corpsmembers earn $1000.00. Corpsmembers in Assistant Crew Leader roles earn $1040.00. More information available on request.
• AmeriCorps Education Award – Earn a scholarship of $1,678.57 upon successful completion of the term (450 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition, pay back qualifying student loans or go on an expedition through a wilderness school! Corpsmembers have 7 years to use the award.
• Student Loan Forbearance – Corpsmembers can apply to put their qualified federal student loans on hold during their term through the National Service Trust.
• Health Insurance – Corpsmembers are eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving at MHYC for 60 days. Corpsmember contribution required.
• Counseling – Corpsmembers receive an allotment of free mental health counseling sessions per year.
• Networking – Corpsmembers have daily opportunities to network with federal, state and local natural resources professionals and access to a vast alumni network!
This is a temporary position from May 9–August 12, 2022 or May 23-August 12, 2022.
• 450 hours of service in a 12 or 14 week commitment.
• All positions involve overnight camping (known as hitches).
• 40 hour weeks in a combination of the following (schedule will be set in advance of the season, but is always subject to change):
4-day Days only, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
4-day hitches, Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
9-day hitches, Wednesday—the following Thursday or Tuesday-the following Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Between the ages of 18-24.
• High school or GED/HSE graduate or still enrolled.
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day. Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-
About Mile High Youth Corps
At Mile High Youth Corps we bring young people from diverse life experiences together to learn, work hard, and grow in service to community, the environment, and their own development.