Shipper/Receiver + Retail Service Associate Responsibilities:
This position plays a key role in maintaining our day to day operations. You would be responsible for all shipping and receiving. Additional responsibilities include but aren’t limited to providing customer service on the retail floor, receiving product and stocking the sales floor, and responding to customers inquiries. To succeed in this position a candidate should be incredibly organized and detail oriented, familiar with google sheets, docs etc. & comfortable learning new systems used for ordering, shipping & point of sale. Candidates with prior shipping and retail experience will receive highest priority consideration. We’re looking for a commitment of 30+ hours per week. Weekend work is required.
– Fulfill online orders. Regularly check for orders, pull product from the sales floor, package, and ship.
– Communicate with the shipping team to ensure all orders are fulfilled and special orders are placed as needed.
– Respond to customer inquiries regarding orders and other miscellaneous comments/concerns via email and the telephone.
– Maintain the orders email inbox and provide prompt and high quality customer service.
– Maintain shipping office organization. Organize shipping supplies, keep space clean and organized.
– Receive incoming products. Check shipped product against purchase orders, and move it to the sales floor.
– Supply ordering: Check sales floor and office for missing supplies, request an order and stock.
– Handle product warranties. Determine the appropriateness of a warranty case, return product to manufacturer, correspond with customer and ensure they receive appropriate compensation.
– Provide quality in-person customer service and gear advice as a sales associate.
– Greets, de-greets, and acknowledges all customers. Makes oneself present (visibly and audibly available) with customers at all times
$15-$17/hr depending on experience. Opportunity to join Miyar Adventures guided trips. Health benefits included as a full-time employee.
Candidates with prior shipping, retail, and outdoor experience will receive highest priority consideration.
About Miyar Adventures & Outfitters
Miyar Adventures is a Woodinville, Washington based outdoor gear store (in-store & online) and alpine guide company with a small staff and family-like work atmosphere. Miyar specializes in mountaineering and rock climbing gear. We strive to outfit people with high quality gear while also providing glacier mountaineering, rock climbing, ice climbing, backpacking, and snowshoeing trips as well as instructional courses in the Pacific Northwest. Miyar also operates overseas in South America, Africa, and Asia.