This position has a pay range that starts at $19hr and up DOE.
The Head Guide/Assistant OM will work Directly with The Operations Manager and all staff.
– Trip lead safe and enjoyable river trips, Class II to IV
– Load and unload trips
– Pre trip meetings with guides and fellow staff
– Speaking to large and small groups of people
– Post trip debriefing and completion of all paper work if you are trip leading
– Meet, greet, check in and collect guests release of liability forms
– properly document any injuries, first aid rendered or other out of character events on trips
– Work as a team with fellow staff including drivers and food services
– Help prepare meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Share knowledge of River Conservation, Flora, Fauna, Natural and Human History, Geology and any other cool, fun things you can think of!
– Adhere to both Mother Lode policies and permit regulations
– Display good river etiquette
Primary duties of position:
– To safely lead class II to IV river trips
– Coordination of river staff scheduling
– Training and mentoring of less experienced guides
– Monitoring the condition and proper handling of all river equipment
– Maintaining crew morale
– Managing crew conflicts/concerns
– Completing or approving daily Trip Leader reports
– Helping to preset shuttles (only in vehicles allowed under your DL, we will never ask non CDL drivers to drive buses or passengers in any vehicle)
– Assisting OM with whichever task they delegate. This includes, but not limited to, the following examples
– Working to book trips within the reservation system
– Receiving and placing calls to guests and potential guest.
– Helping to develop Marketing strategies
– Acting in place of OM on OM’s days off
– Helping to prepare meals
– Food buys
- 18 years of age or greater
- I-9 documentation to legally work in the U.S.
- Covid-19 vaccinations including boosters, or on schedule to receive a booster
- CPR/FirstAid/AED certified-
- Previous Class III or IV commercial Trip Leader/ River Guide experience
- Swift Water Rescue training and Certification
- Ability to lift river gear such as boats, ice chest etc. Of course we never want guides attempting heavy lifts alone.
- Work long hours outdoors in varying weather
- Adaptability to sometimes rapidly developing unforeseen events, logistics etc.
- Positive attitude that helps foster team morale.
- A level of physical fitness that allows the safe completion of duties
- High level of personal hygiene and maintain a professional appearance
- Applicants with a CDL are highly encouraged to apply
- ServeSafe food handler or Food manager certification
- Computer skills; Excel, Word etc.
About Mother Lode River Trips
Rafting, Ropes and Outdoor Education in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills.
Whitewater, Ropes and Outdoor Education all based on the most beautiful 20 acres of river front property along the SF American River. With a focus on river conservation and education, Mother Lode has provided quality trips since 1974. We proudly provide both guest and guides alike an incredible experience and life long memories in the heart of California Gold Rush history and whitewater
Located along the South Fork of the American River in Lotus, CA. The foothills of the Sierra's is a unique location. If being surrounded by amazing class II-IV+ white water, hiking and endless outdoor opportunities speaks to you, this is the place to be.