– Safely guide commercial guests on our trips while providing a fun experience!
– Load and unload trips
– Pre trip meetings with head guide and fellow staff
– Speaking to large and small groups of people
– Post trip debriefing and completion of all paper work if you are trip leading
– Meet, greet, check in and collect guests release of liability forms
– properly document any injuries, first aid rendered or other out of character events on trips
– Work as a team with fellow staff including drivers and food services
– Help prepare meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner
– Share knowledge of River Conservation, Flora, Fauna, Natural and Human History, Geology and any other cool, fun things you can think of!
– Adhere to both Mother Lode policies and permit regulations
– Display good river etiquette
- 18 years of age or greater
- I-9 documentation to legally work in the U.S.
- Covid-19 vaccinations including boosters, or on schedule to receive a booster
- CPR/FirstAid/AED certified- Previous Class III or IV commercial River Guide experience
- Ability to lift river gear such as boats, ice chest etc. Of course we never want guides attempting heavy lifts alone.
- Ability to work long hours outdoors in heat, cold and sometimes wet weather.
- Swift Water Rescue certification (SierraRescue conveniently often runs courses right here at Mother Lode) is not required but highly desired. At least 1 guide per trip must have a SRT certification. This can be obtained during the season after employment with mother Lode has begun.
- Food handler certification can be obtained during the course of the season
About Mother Lode River Trips
Rafting, Ropes and Outdoor Education in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills.
Whitewater, Ropes and Outdoor Education all based on the most beautiful 20 acres of river front property along the SF American River. With a focus on river conservation and education, Mother Lode has provided quality trips since 1974. We proudly provide both guest and guides alike an incredible experience and life long memories in the heart of California Gold Rush history and whitewater
Located along the South Fork of the American River in Lotus, CA. The foothills of the Sierra's is a unique location. If being surrounded by amazing class II-IV+ white water, hiking and endless outdoor opportunities speaks to you, this is the place to be.