The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Trip Leaders for the 2022 spring, summer, & fall seasons. Trip Leaders manage the safety of the students while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field, including backpacking, kayaking, rafting, and more! Leaders also manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group experience and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow.
• Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, residential summer camps, or related field
• Current Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE instructor course
• 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
About National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education
From North Carolina to Alaska to the high Andes to Patagonia, NCOAE is a values-based outdoor and adventure education provider for teens and adults interested in personal growth and professional development. NCOAE develops and facilitates professionally guided outdoor experiences to foster an engaged educational community, through personal growth and the acquisition of technical and academic skills.