The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Trip Leaders for the 2021 season, to manage the safety of participants while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field. Trip Leaders manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model. Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip meetings. Additional duties include: facilitating meaningful group experiences and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow.
• 1-3+ years of experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, or residential summer camps
• Current Wilderness First Aid, or willingness to obtain. Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE on-campus instructor training or NCOAE Outdoor Educator Training
• 3-5+ years experience leading domestic and international outdoor education programs
• Current WEMT certification
• Leave No Trace Trainer or Master Educator
• Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
About National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education
From North Carolina to Alaska to the high Himalayas to Patagonia, NCOAE is the values-based outdoor and adventure education provider for teens and adults interested in personal growth and professional development. NCOAE develops and facilitates professionally guided outdoor experiences to foster an engaged educational community, through personal growth and the acquisition of technical and academic skills.