Nature’s Classroom Atop Lookout Mountain is an ACA and AEE accredited outdoor education program serving primarily 3rd-7th grade students who attend with their school for custom programs lasting 1-5 days. We are currently accepting applications for an open position for a teacher. Each day our staff lead educational hikes, teach hands-on classes, and facilitate team building activities, as well as helping with specialty activities, such as: archery, canoeing, climbing tower, and the high ropes course, when those activities are requested.
• Must be 21 yrs or older
• High School Diploma or higher
• Ability to walk/ hike 3- 5 miles per day
• Ability to work as a part of a team.
• Ability to work in all outdoor conditions
• Experience working with children
• Good Communication
• Time management
• Teaching/instructing experience
• Outdoor skills
• Flora/fauna identification
About Nature's Classroom Atop Lookout Mountain
Nature's Classroom Atop Lookout Mountain hosts public, private, and home-school groups from across the southeast for customized outdoor education programs ranging in length from 1-5 days.