Maintain and facilitate records of financial transactions by establishing accounts and posting transactions.
- Applicants need to hold the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with and ability to support the NOLS mission and operations, and a commitment to serve our students.
- A high degree of initiative and strong organisational skills are required.
- Effective communication skills, creative problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to work well as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of New Zealand books are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and payroll software such as MYOB Essentials or Xero or similar programs.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and prior budgetary / accounting experience are preferred.
Leadership or Supervisory Duties
Work with staff and faculty to ensure excellent financial record keeping. The bookkeeper position does not directly supervise any other staff.
Funds and/or Property
The bookkeeper will work in conjunction with the NOLS New Zealand director in effectively managing the $1+ million financial records of NOLS New Zealand. The position will have access to petty cash, EFTPOS card, and online banking.
- Maintain and track expenses and revenues to ensure accurate monthly reporting using MYOB.
- Manage payroll for all staff, including filing with the IRD, and maintain staff file records.
- Manage PAYE deductions and reconcile PAYE payments.
- Provide monthly MYOB file to NOLS headquarters, including scanned receipts, for monthly reporting requirements.
- Manage end of financial year (August) revenue and expenses accounting in conjunction with NOLS headquarters.
- Maintain historical records.
- Provide financial analysis and trend reports as required by the Director.
- Complies with federal legal requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Works with NOLS headquarters financial team to ensure proper posting and tracking of New Zealand accounts.
- Updates and maintains accounting software packages for efficient job functionality.
- Participate constructively in staff performance evaluations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
Motor Vehicle Record: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s licence. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
NOLS New Zealand
4 Serpentine River Road, Aniseed Valley, Richmond
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Christian Martin, New Zealand Program Director
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (03) 544 6657
Contact Christian Martin with questions
Closing Date For Applications: 10 June 2022
Starting Date: July-2022
This position is a permanent part-time position starting in July 2022 that will average about 5 hours per week annually.
Hourly rate for this position will depend on experience and starts from NZ$26.00 per hour.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.