Do you enjoy supporting people going on expeditions? Do you enjoy tinkering with outdoor gear ?
This role you will work with field instructors and students to ensure equipment is well maintained, organized, and clean.
Key Logistical Information:
– Work permit: Applicants need to hold the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
– Start date: January 15th 2024.
– Position type: 3 Month Position from Jan 15th till April 26th. Could be continued onto the following operating season in Sept 2024 – April 2025.
– Over the duration of the contract weekly hours will vary but will average 25 – 30 hours per week.
– Class 1 driver’s license with excellent driving record required. Must undertake and meet NOLS driver training requirements. Passenger endorsement and/or New Zealand Class 2 license viewed favorably.
NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) is a nonprofit global wilderness school that supports thousands of students each year all over the world. Our school began in a small cabin in Sinks Canyon, Wyoming in 1965 as the National Outdoor Leadership School. At that time, we were primarily an outdoors skills school, doing our work in local mountain ranges and exploring what it meant to teach leadership in the backcountry. Today, we are NOLS, a multifaceted wilderness school headquartered in Lander, Wyoming with locations in seven U.S. states and six countries, that supports thousands of students each year all over the world in both field & classroom courses.