Customer Service Representatives are one of the first points of contact for prospective and enrolled students. The position is responsible for providing excellent customer service via phone, email, chat, and virtual channels for schoolwide offerings (Expeditions, Wilderness Medicine, Risk Services, Custom Education, and Alumni). The Customer Service Representative is a part of the Sales + Marketing Team.
● Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
● Passion for NOLS mission and excitement for fulfilling it in creative ways
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
● Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals
● Ability to build rapport quickly in person as well as through remote conversation/correspondence with a wide audience
● Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership
● Excellent “expedition behavior”
● Collaborate to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
● Basic computer knowledge and willingness to learn required systems
● Office skills such as information tracking, filing, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, and data entry is preferred
● NOLS graduate is preferred
● There are no direct supervision duties for this position, but cooperation skills are required.
● Must demonstrate a propensity for self-leadership with ability to balance being a member of a high-paced work environment while also remaining self-directed, seeking feedback, articulating needs, and maintaining a degree of ownership and responsibility.
● Works as a team with the other Customer Service Team members, especially as workloads shift seasonally.
● Works as a team with other Admissions, and Sales + Marketing, Headquarters and NOLS Location staff.
● Customer service: Be well-versed to communicate with prospective and enrolled NOLS students
● Clerical support: Front line coverage and office tasks related to school-wide enrollment support, such as filing, database updates, reviewing simple forms, etc.
● Other projects as assigned
NOLS is a nonprofit global wilderness school that seeks to help you step forward boldly as a leader. We believe that anyone can be a leader; it’s our role to provide the environment and training to help you discover your full potential. We do that in classrooms close to home and in remote wilderness areas around the world. We’re an organization with heart, expertise, and wildness, and these qualities help us support powerful, authentic experiences.
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
All employees that work at NOLS facilities and who have regular contact with other employees and or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees. Employees that work remotely and do not have contact with other employees and or students are not required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption.