Summary of Position
The Grants Manager increases the capacity of North Cascades Institute by managing foundation, corporate and government grants. The successful candidate will ensure that the Institute’s grants program aligns with our mission, vision and strategic plan, and supports our operational goals and annual budget.
The Grants Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the entire grant application and management process including: reporting to funders, collaborating with program managers to develop budgets and reports, ensuring grant compliance, identification of potential funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs, and writing grants. This position is part of the Development Team and contributes to selected major gift requests, special events, sponsorships and other community engagement events.
This is a regular, full-time position primarily located at the Institute’s Sedro-Woolley office (with work-from-home options). The salary range is $46,000 to $53,000 annually based on level of experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including paid time-off, medical/dental insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, tax-defined annuity and contribution retirement plan, and a yearly stipend to participate in Institute programs.
April 15, 2022 or sooner
• Two to five years of grant management experience
• Demonstrated track record of winning grants of various sizes and complexities
• Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search,
• Strong project management skills and accountability in meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects
• Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
• Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in a compelling and succinct form
• Detail-oriented with the ability to keep accurate records
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• Experience with Pacific Northwest foundations and grant agencies
• Two years of other fundraising, marketing or writing experience
• Familiarity with government agencies and government grants
• Professional experience in the environmental or education fields
• Use of Salesforce database and/or general database software knowledge/experience
• Experience using research tools (such as GuideStar and Foundation Directory Online) to source and track prospect information
About North Cascades Institute
North Cascades Institute's mission is to inspire environmental stewardship through transformative learning experiences in nature. Since 1986, we have helped connect people, nature and community through science, art, literature and the hands-on study of natural and cultural history. Our goal is to help people of all ages and backgrounds experience and enjoy the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest – so all will care for and protect this special place.
North Cascades Institute is a respected leader among U.S. environmental education organizations, and we believe that sustainable communities are built on healthy environments, vibrant economies and social equity. The Institute is in sound financial health with a $4 million budget and strong reserves, and 15 four-star ratings with Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.