North Cascades Institute is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic individual to join our retail team. This is a seasonal/temporary, part-time, non-exempt position, from late-May through the end of September 2021. The position is based out of the Newhalem North Cascades National Park Visitor Center along with a limited role at the Marblemount Wilderness Information Center. The distance between Sedro-Woolley and the North Cascades Visitor Center is 54 miles.
• Administrative experience and direct customer service experience
• Experience with inventory, management Point of Sales (POS) system
• Able to move from task to task with frequent interruptions
• Must own reliable transportation
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds
• Valid driver’s license and driving record check
• Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
• Exemplary customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Superior organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize among various tasks
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Accuracy and thoroughness in following procedures and in record keeping
About North Cascades Institute
North Cascades Institute's mission is to inspire environmental stewardship through transformative learning experiences in nature. Since 1986, we have helped connect people, nature and community through science, art, literature and the hands-on study of natural and cultural history. Our goal is to help people of all ages and backgrounds experience and enjoy the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest – so all will care for and protect this special place.
North Cascades Institute is a respected leader among U.S. environmental education organizations, and we believe that sustainable communities are built on healthy environments, vibrant economies and social equity. The Institute is in sound financial health with a $4 million budget and strong reserves, and 15 four-star ratings with Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.