The Oregon Program Director (PD) provides overall program leadership, and is responsible for program safety and quality, as well as the business administration and local operations, that support courses staged in Oregon and Idaho from the Odin Falls base. The PD will ensure the program aligns and supports the School’s strategic plan and vision. The successful candidate will be expected to have past training and experience in equity, inclusion, and diversity work, particularly pertaining to youth education and partnerships with culturally specific organizations.
• 7+ years of experience in the education, outdoor education, or experiential learning fields or similar combination of experiences and education preferred.
• Successful applicant will possess an entrepreneurial, results-driven style and ability to identify and develop areas of growth and opportunity.
• Successful applicant will possess the interpersonal skills and versatility to effectively build relationships across a broad spectrum.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with field staff, program management staff, and organizational leadership.
• Ability to have open, honest, and difficult conversations, including the ability to give and receive feedback with direct reports and colleagues.
• Strong personal motivation, initiative, commitment, follow-through, and passion for NWOBS mission.
• Background and experience in business, education, non-profit management, or another related field a plus.
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery. Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound School, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.