|In this role you will provide NOLS Expedition Operations with timely, accurate reporting to support our field programs. As the Operations Reporting Specialist you will manage existing reports, work with various departments to deliver ad-hoc data needs, and support future analytical development. In this position you will play an integral role in developing a stable reporting environment within a fast pace, evolving organization by creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), building out timelines, and tracking changes that impact reporting.
Your potential for impact
About this vacancy
This role can be located in Lander, WY or in the states listed below.
This position is a part-time (~20-25 hours per week) 18-month role.
Starting wage for this position is $21.00/hour.
Interviews on a rolling basis. Open until filled.
The target start date for this role is two weeks from the time of offer.
Send cover letter & resumé to Debbie Derbish; [email protected]
Who will succeed in this position
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills and knowledge
- Experience with SQL and the ability to read and write complex queries
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users to break down complex topics and communicate simply to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work adaptably and strategically across tools, devices and platforms is essential
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills; attention to detail is a must
- Propensity for maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Capability to execute excellent independent judgment and decision making
- 2+ years of experience working with excel and google sheets
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of PowerBI or other data visualization software
Additional Important Information
NOLS can currently employ remote employees who are legal residents of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming. Please note not all locations in all states listed are eligible. For specific locations please reach out to the recruiter listed below in the ‘How to Apply’ section. Current employees and residents in the state of Colorado please contact HR for salary information.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
NOLS values community and fosters a sense of belonging for our employees and applicants. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations in the workplace because they embody these values, as well as our operating principle of promoting a positive, safe, and learning environment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for disability; limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition; religion; and domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or harassment. Reasonable accommodations may be requested at any point of the employment process, including during recruitment. Please email [email protected] with your request.
- A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
- NOLS participates in E-verify.
- Current NOLS employees please note it is NOLS policy to conduct an internal reference check with human resources and/or your current supervisor as part of the reference check process. If you have any questions or concerns about this process please contact human resources.