The Operations Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of the organization’s adventure and virtual based youth programs. This position manages operations team development, risk management practices, program development and delivery, and field operations.
1. Manage recruitment, training & development of operations team
2. Develop risk management philosophy including oversight & implementation of training design and delivery
3. Collaborate with and inform program + executive leadership to advance program impact and grow capacity
4. Oversee field operations including field trainings, scheduling, outing details, & mentor + volunteer program
5. Build and steward relationships with land managers, program partners and other stakeholders
Minimum of 21 years of age;
2-3 years related work experience or equivalent combination;
Competent with computer skills - G Suite, MS Office;
Successful completion of pre-employment background check, drug screen, and TB test. Criminal history record infractions will be considered on a case by case basis.
Ability to become competent in the instruction of most of Outdoor Outreach’s core activities (Surfing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Snorkeling, Environmental Stewardship, Snowboarding, Camping/Backpacking); Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certifications, Wilderness First Responder (WFR) and/or other field related certifications within the first 90 days of employment; Ability to obtain and maintain a CA CDL with Passenger Endorsement
About Outdoor Outreach
Founded in 1999, Outdoor Outreach (OO) is an energetic and innovative San Diego-based nonprofit organization that connects youth to the transformative power of the outdoors. We use outdoor recreation and education to promote youth leadership, health and wellness, civic engagement, and environmental conservation. The majority of our youth participants come from communities that do not have a strong connection to our region's parks, beaches and open-space areas. Our vision is that youth everywhere will be inspired by the outdoors to play, learn, serve, and share.