The Youth Programs Assistant Manager (YPAM) supports the overall growth and management of youth programs and is responsible for supervising and leading a coordination team for assigned programs, including program design, activity implementation, and planning. The YPAM also takes the lead on and supports the organization in partner and program development, innovation, delivery, as well as program outcome evaluation.
1. Oversee, evaluate, and train youth programs coordinator team in daily programmatic needs
2. Utilize organization database systems to run reports for partner contract negotiations, budget management and presentations
3. Develop and steward relationships with participants, program partners, and other stakeholders through attending conferences, community meetings, and tabling events
4. Design, supervise and facilitate adventure and virtual based curriculum in the capacity of a Senior Instructor, with an emphasis on coaching and mentoring instructors
5. Participates in thought partnership/active role in strategic visioning for organizational growth, direction, cross departmental collaborations, and initiatives
Minimum of 21 years of age;
2-3 years demonstrated experience or equivalent in a related field;
Ability to become competent in the instruction of at least one of Outdoor Outreach’s core activities (Surfing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Snorkeling, Environmental Stewardship, Snowboarding, Camping/Backpacking);
Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen. Criminal history record infractions will be considered on a case by case basis.
Ability to obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certifications, Wilderness First Responder (WFR) and/or other field related certifications within the first 90 days of employment;
Ability to obtain and maintain a California Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement within the first 90 days of employment preferred;
About Outdoor Outreach
Founded in 1999, Outdoor Outreach (OO) is an energetic and innovative San Diego-based nonprofit organization that connects youth to the transformative power of the outdoors. We use outdoor recreation and education to promote youth leadership, health and wellness, civic engagement, and environmental conservation. The majority of our youth participants come from communities that do not have a strong connection to our region's parks, beaches and open-space areas. Our vision is that youth everywhere will be inspired by the outdoors to play, learn, serve, and share.