The Institutional Giving Manager (IGM) position is a key member of OBUSA’s Advancement team, involved in all aspects of institutional giving for the national organization, building and stewarding institutional donor relationships with foundations and corporations. The Institutional Giving Manager will identify, solicit, and steward corporate and foundation donors, partners, and sponsors.
The IGM reports to the Chief Advancement Officer, and works closely with the Director of Development, Associate Director of Development, and OBUSA’s marketing, program, operations, and finance staff. The IGM’s work is critical to the success of OBUSA’s strategic goals and objectives. We seek a self-motivated professional who embodies the Outward Bound spirit and mission and is driven to succeed both independently as well as part of a team.
• This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision insurance, paid time-off, short-term disability, long term disability and a 403(b) plan.
• Hiring range – $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience
• Able to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment when working with others
• Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of fundraising experience and proven track record for securing institutional giving in support of non-profit goals and objectives.
• Knowledge and understanding of fundraising techniques related to institutional giving – e.g., corporate social responsibility (CSR), foundation research, grant portal writing, and institutional donor stewardship, reporting and compliance
• A successful candidate will work remotely, combined with necessary travel for meetings and other engagements
• Ability to work at a desk and on a computer for most of the day
• Ability to travel to events and meetings as required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Salesforce experience a plus
• Excellent organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Goal-oriented with ability to work independently and virtually, and to meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet goals and objectives.
• Positive attitude and passion for Outward Bound’s mission.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Willing to work beyond normal work hours including some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines and support Advancement team goals
About Outward Bound USA
Outward Bound is a national non-profit educational organization in the United States, comprising 10 Schools serving more than 45,000 young people and adults each year from communities across the country. Outward Bound USA is the national administrative body working to support our Schools to deliver our mission.
At Outward Bound, we strive to provide educational experiences that are inclusive and relevant for all participants and are committed to organizational improvement in support of an equitable and just society. Outward Bound in the US prioritizes high-quality staff and a strong staff culture in delivering our educational mission. With 1000+ staff nationally, working to support the delivery of 145,000 annual student program days, Outward Bound strives to maintain an exceptional workplace with well‐designed processes and systems to support our efforts.