Are you passionate about connecting people to the outdoors? The Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA) is looking for someone with trail maintenance and volunteer engagement experience to join our team as the Regional Trail Stewardship Coordinator for the Columbia Cascades region.
The Regional Trail Stewardship Coordinator has strong outreach, organization, and trail maintenance skills to enhance and grow the PCTA’s regional volunteer trail maintenance programs to reduce deferred maintenance backlog on the PCT.
• Works closely with staff, volunteer leaders, corps crew partners, and agency partners to provide professional project coordination and management, logistical support, and project leadership in the office and the field.
• Works in coordination with volunteer program staff to recruit volunteers and foster greater partnerships and regional stewardship collaboration between local agencies, municipalities, and community organizations.
• Coordinates, provides support for, and instructs at Trail Skills College training courses.
• Supports programs focused on growing PCTA’s volunteer program and developing a racially diverse, inclusive, and equitable volunteer community.
These are year-round, full-time positions currently funded for three years. While these are year-round positions, the work focus areas of each position vary by field season and location. (See regional addendums for additional information.)
See full job description and regional addendum on our website at: https://www.pcta.org/about-us/jobs/
What Makes You a Great Fit for this Position?
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience with conservation, trail work, ecological restoration, landscaping, or other outdoor stewardship projects
• Educational or professional background in any of the following or related fields: natural resources management, parks management, environmental science or studies, nonprofit or volunteer management
Outdoor leadership in training, managing, and leading trail crews
• Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion as a personal value
• Leave No Trace skills
• Excellent trail maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction skills
• Ability to maintain a safe working environment in the field
• Recruiting, communicating with, coordinating, teaching, and managing volunteers
• Strong interpersonal skills
See full requirements on our website https://www.pcta.org/about-us/jobs/
About Pacific Crest Trail Association
The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) spans 2,650 miles from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon, and Washington. One of America’s National Scenic Trails, the PCT reveals the beauty of the desert, the glaciated expanses of the Sierra Nevada, and the deep forests and commanding vistas of the Cascade Range. Untold thousands of hikers and equestrians enjoy this international treasure each year. Some only travel a few miles, while others complete every mile in a single season.