JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Patagonia Spanish Programs Coordinator has three areas of responsibility: 1) to supervise enrollment on NOLS Patagonia courses in Spanish, 2) develop and maintain relationships with individuals and institutions in Chile that benefit NOLS and the national community in the realms of education, leadership, outdoor skills and wildland conservation, 3) fundraise through government and private grants and individual donations from Chilean alumni in order to increase the scope and accessibility of NOLS programs for Chileans.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have thorough knowledge of school-wide philosophy and mission. Working knowledge of American and Chilean cultures is necessary. Experience with Chilean educational institutions is preferred. Experience in management (preferably in a non-profit or NGO setting) and working with budgets would be helpful. Essential skills include: strong written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English; organization; supervision; facilitation and problem solving. Computer skills are needed. A valid driver license is required. The ability to work both independently and closely in a team setting, and willingness to work flexible hours are necessary.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Supervise NOLS Patagonia Administrative Assistant and Journalist.
- Manage all Spanish Program field and Wilderness Medicine courses enrollment.
- To lead and coordinate relationships with individuals and institutions in Chile that benefit NOLS and the national community in the realms of education, leadership, outdoor skills and wildland conservation.
- To have an active role keeping our access to our classrooms.
- Lead the way to get grants to support the Spanish Program in general.
- Work with staffing and Patagonia program team to staff and do client briefing and debriefing for NOLS Patagonia Spanish program courses.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Generate revenue of approximately $200,000 USD through tuition and fundraising.
- Administer Patagonia Spanish programs budget of approximately $200,000 USD.
- Petty cash: $2,000 USD
- Develop and maintain relationships with universities, governmental agencies, NGOs and philanthropic institutions in Chile.
- Attend and sponsor conferences in Chile related to education, leadership, conservation and technical outdoor skills.
- Promote NOLS and Spanish language NOLS courses throughout Chile and South America.
- Look for resources for field staff working courses in Spanish.
- Write articles for NOLS publications informing the community of Spanish programs.
- Supervise staff in the completion of specific projects related to curriculum and resource development.
- Develop budgets and track expenses for Spanish language courses and other national outreach programs.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by NOLS Patagonia Director.
- Coordinate marketing for Spanish Program.
- Be sure the Spanish Program is integrated into NOLS Patagonia.
- Meet weekly with the NOLS Patagonia manager team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
NOLS participates in E-verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of work, unless they meet a medical, disability or religious exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees.
WORK LOCATION: Location is at NOLS Patagonia headquarters in Coyhaique, Chile. Remote work will be possible, too.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to:
NOLS Patagonia Finances and HHRR Manager, Karen Gallegos.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +56 983880545
Contact Karen Gallegos with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 15th, 2022.
Flexible between September 2022 to August 2023. This is a 9 months position.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.