Plymouth State University invites applications for a non-tenure track, full time, benefited position in Adventure Education beginning immediately. The Contract Faculty position in Adventure Education is a 12-month position that is responsible for teaching in the Adventure Education program, managing and supervising Adventure Education related clinical experiences, and developing and managing an Outdoor Orientation program for entering first-year students. Contract Faculty positions are full time, with benefits, and renewed annually based on funding, performance, and need. The faculty member will have 50% reallocation of time to manage the Outdoor Center including the outdoor equipment rental program and to work directly with the Student Life division in planning and implementing activities and programs for our diverse student body. For Summer 2022, a primary responsibility of the Contract Faculty member will be to develop and lead the Outdoor Orientation Program for incoming students. During summers, the Faculty member will be responsible for supervision of the Outdoor Center staff and planning for Outdoor Orientation that will occur in August.
• Master’s degree in an appropriate field
• Experience in outdoor/adventure education
• Current Wilderness First Responder Certification
• Experience teaching at a college or university level
• Proven record of leadership and supervision
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience instructing or managing outdoor orientation programs.
• Current LNT Master Educator Certification
• Paddling Instructor certification or documented training
• Demonstrated management of equipment and rentals
About Plymouth State University
Plymouth State University (PSU) is transforming the campus to create a first-of-its-kind university holistically organized around integrated clusters. Our goal is to provide a dynamic interdisciplinary and innovative learning environment. Students, faculty, staff, and community will connect to solve real-world challenges that will benefit people and organizations at all levels. We are a residential and comprehensive university with a warm and engaged learning community focused on teaching excellence and regional engagement. The University is located in the heart of the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire. https://www.plymouth.edu/academics/undergraduate-academic-programs/adventure-education/