At Pocono Springs, we staff our camp with outstanding people who are dedicated to working with children and creating an atmosphere of family, spirit, and excitement. If you have a passion for life and the outdoors, and a desire to impact the lives of children by helping them be their best selves and to also grow as an individual yourself, Pocono Springs is the right place for you. Working at camp is not only one of the most important and rewarding jobs you will ever have — it’s the hardest job that you will ever love!
Outdoor Adventure Director Description:
– Leads, supervises and maintains the Adventure Program throughout the 6 weeks of camp. (Adventure program includes high and low rope challenge course, climbing wall, wilderness skills classes, camping, outdoor cooking, & nature )
– Provides staff training and facilitates curriculum planning during Staff Orientation week.
-Ensures all equipment is well maintained, stored and inventoried for safe usage.
– Requires high level of expertise, experience making lesson plans.
– The Adventure Director supervises, teaches and guides a staff of 5 or 6 University Aged counselors.
– Must have formal teaching / coaching experience in the activity area, strong organizational skills, be a self-starter and above all, creative & passionate!
– You will be instructing children ages 7-16
Employment Period: June 15th to July 31st plus opportunity to work our pre/post season from Mid-May to Mid-October!
Check out our Covid Blueprint: https://www.poconospringscamp.com/prospective-families/covid/
Passion for outdoor education, equipment knowledge, facilitation of team building programming experience, leadership skills, verbal communication, organized, creative, team player, growth mindset.
Must be comfortable with children ages 7 - 16
About Pocono Springs Camp
Pocono Springs WILL become your home-away-from-home!
Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, just 75 miles from New York City and 100 miles from Philadelphia, Pocono Springs Camp is a traditional co-ed camp experience in a unique 5-week program. We offer an extensive variety of activities and healthy challenges that allow campers to flourish and our staff bring these opportunities alive! Campers have the opportunity to experience personal success, build confidence and independence while creating lifelong friendships and lasting memories.
In addition to the innovative five-week program, completely renovated property, and inspired Directors, Pocono Springs prides itself on a team of staff members who exemplify what it means to provide campers with the summer of a lifetime each and every summer they spend at Pocono Springs. Our camp family of administration, staff, and campers define who we are and why Pocono Springs is not just our summer camp, it’s our summer home.