Seasonal – March 20, 2023-November 17, 2023 | Princeton-Blairstown Center
Learn, Grow, and Lead with a diverse and dynamic team of outdoor education professionals engaged in rewarding work that makes a difference in the lives of youth from historically marginalized communities. Our beautiful 268-acre campus and 15-acre lake are adjacent to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area and the Appalachian Trail, where a landscape filled with local wildlife and natural wonders becomes a classroom filled with adventure! Staff perks include a private room in newly renovated two-bedroom suite; apartment equipped with internet, laundry, and staff lounge/game room; meals when clients are on campus, plus paid sick time and a 3% 401k contribution by PBC. Professional development opportunities. Three weeks of paid staff training and regular in-service training provided. $800 completion bonus (offered for full season employees only). Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however experience in the field can be substituted.
• Documented successful experience working with young adults, individually and in groups.
• Experience participating in or leading low and high ropes courses, canoeing/kayaking/swimming, environmental education, rock climbing, or hiking trips.
• Outstanding customer service skills, group facilitation skills, and logistical planning experience.
• Wilderness First Responder certification preferred. First Aid, CPR, and AED certification required.
• ARC Lifeguard certification preferred or willingness to complete when training offered.
• ACCT I or II certification preferred or willingness to complete when training offered on Blairstown campus.
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience living or working with people from diverse cultures or backgrounds preferred.
• Able to work well with a team of others and a co-leader on a one-to-one basis.
• Able to work long hours, including evening and late-night programs, in high stress conditions.
• Able to live and work in both outdoor places and urban spaces
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
About Princeton-Blairstown Center
Princeton-Blairstown Center's social emotional learning programs promote community and help participants strengthen the creative problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills necessary for success in the 21st century. Our experiential education facility and staff provide participants with the opportunity to try new things and empower students to connect personal actions and the effect they have on their academic and personal lives.