The Assistant Recreation Manager reports to the Recreation Manager, supporting the managing of the overall Recreation team’s operations within the Resort at Squaw Creek. The Recreation team creates a unique and exceptional experience for hotel guests and visitors at the resort Pool, Recreation Center, Ice Rink/Pavillion, Mountain Buddies Day Camp, Family Programs and Tours, Corporate Team Building, Special Events, and more! The Assistant Recreation Manager must have high energy, foster a team oriented environment, lead and inspire the Recreation team, and have a creative spirit to provide our guests with a one-of-a-kind experience!
Job duties include:
– Oversee Recreation operations, marketing, and planning of all recreation facilities and services
– Oversee staffing, scheduling & payroll, training & development, coaching & counseling of all Recreation staff
– Maintain consistent and efficient systems of communication within and outside the Recreation department
– Represent the Recreation department at resort meetings, pre-cons, conference reviews, etc.
– Facilitate activities and operate equipment to ensure daily operations
– Coordinate use of recreational areas with Resort departments
– Support the overall operation, striving to achieve growth and long-range profitability goals
– Work closely with the Recreation Manager to ensure program’s vision
– Manage inventory and program’s purchasing
– Create and implement new Recreation programs
Due to COVID-19 cleanliness protocols, this role now calls for new duties to ensure safety and cleanliness of frequent touch points and all colleagues must adhere to our COVID-19 prevention plan: wearing mask, temperature check and cleaning/disinfecting areas outside department.
• A true desire to satisfy the needs of others with excellent customer service skills
• Refined verbal and written communication skills
• (2) years college education preferred
• (1) year previous supervisory experience
• CPR ,First Aid, and AED Certification
• Valid Driver’s License
• Passion, knowledge, and understanding of the recreation environment, including strong knowledge of ice rink operations, pool operations, mountain bikes, tennis instruction, Nordic/winter activities, and children’s activity programming
• Ability to work in outdoor elements for duration of shift
• Knowledge of computers, interpreting financial statements, and developing marketing strategies
About Resort at Squaw Creek
A luxury California resort in an idyllic mountain setting, Resort at Squaw Creek rests at the base of Squaw Valley, which is the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is just minutes from North Lake Tahoe. Our AAA Four-Diamond resort offers ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows. Squaw Creek's dramatic lobby, with its floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks a cascading waterfall and the breathtaking Sierra Nevada Mountains. We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.