Rippleffect is seeking individuals who have experience working with youth in varied outdoor education settings for our Wilderness Education Guide position. Rippleffect is excited to expand our guide team to support our growing program offerings. Our year round program offerings include:
● Sea Kayaking
● Environmental Education
● Leadership Development
● Challenge Course Elements
● Wilderness Expeditions
● Growth of Mind, Body & Spirit
Rippleffect offers day and overnight camp programs, wilderness treks, and youth leadership programs. Additionally, we offer spring and fall orientation programs for school and community groups as well as adult programs and events. Applicants’ schedules will vary based on previous experience, performance in Rippleffect training, and type of program offerings. Applicants should expect a wide variety of work offerings that will include weekday, overnight, and weekend work.
Training for late summer through fall 2021 will be rolling starting in August. Training days are paid with a training stipend of $40 per day. Estimated number of training days will be 5.
**Starting as early as August 1st for training through the end of October 2021**
• We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are committed to and have a passion for working with youth. These individuals must also have a passion for living and working in the outdoors.
• Wilderness First Aid and CPR are required upon start date. Wilderness First Responder is strongly preferred.
• Ability to constantly work in an outdoor setting, including but not limited to: rain, winds, heat, humidity, and cold temperatures.
•Ability to carry weights up to 60 pounds and participate in moderate to vigorous physical activity, including but not limited to: camping, sea kayaking, backpacking, climbing, ropes course.
•Ability to move across varied terrain for the full duration of the work period.
•Comfort in and around a marine environment.
Experience leading youth in an outdoor setting.
• Experience or ability to learn and lead Rippleffect specific programs and offerings.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of participants while managing group conflict resolution and behavioral management.
• Applicants must be open minded, flexible, and possess a growth-mindset. Understand that this job is as demanding as it is gratifying and may require personal lifestyle adjustments.
Overnight and weekend availability is required.
About Rippleffect Inc.
Rippleffect is a non-profit youth and community development organization operating outdoor adventure programming out of Portland, ME. We own Cow Island, a beautiful 26-acre island in Casco Bay, and run many of our youth and adult programs from this remote eco-campus.
Our mission is to promote youth development and leadership through adventure, health communities, and living sustainably.