As a member of the Maintenance team, perform regular maintenance and groundskeeping tasks, and make repairs and improvements to keep the
grounds and facilities clean, safe, efficient, and aesthetically pleasing.
– Keep site in safe and usable condition
• Learn and implement current best practices for Covid-19 mitigation
• Learn and follow safety procedures
• Watch for areas of risk and, when possible, eliminate or reduce risk
• Report any observed safety concerns to Coordinator
– Grounds maintenance
• Address Maintenance Request Forms as needed, with eye towards preventative maintenance, camper safety
• Help to manage sanitation, including trash, recycling, and compost
• Weekly mowing/weed whacking/groundskeeping tasks
• Implement Sustainability practices: Maintain Compost Toilet, assist with water conservation, reduce usage of fossil fuel vehicles, etc.
• Support Garden program as needed
- Age 18 or older
- Valid Driver’s License (preferred)
- Satisfactory driving record
- First Aid/CPR certification, or ability to obtain such
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work
- Satisfactory background check
- Ability to work for long periods of time without sitting
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be
able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or
- Ability work with others or alone
- Experience in maintenance and housekeeping
About Silver Lake Camp and Retreat Center
Silver Lake Camp & Retreat Center, a year round outdoor ministry of the Southern New England Conference of the United Church of Christ, is called to covenant with God and with the churches and people of the conference in the work of forming life-sustaining leaders for the church and the world, by offering:
Experiences of inclusive and nurturing Christian community
Opportunities to grow and participate as Christ’s disciples
A model of sustainable environmental stewardship of God’s world.
We worship, learn, play, serve, and work together, respecting the right of private judgement. We seek to provide a safe environment of acceptance regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation, reflecting our unity in Christ and respecting the faith journeys of all of God’s children.