Are you systems oriented, motivated working independently and part of a team? The Outtrip
Meals Coordinator is responsible for overseeing that all our COLTies, school groups and guests
who head out on trip are well fed, and that all allergy and dietary requirements are strictly adhered
to. There can be as many as 20 groups going out simultaneously for multiple days. Being
organised is essential. It’s helpful to have personal/professional knowledge and experience about
different kinds of outtrips and their nutritional demands.
• Food Safe Certification
• good attitude and self motivated
• Working with our outtrip recipes and menus, pack food for all expeditions and off-site
trips, while minimising food and packaging waste.
• Plan and provide food order requirements to Managing Chef
• Create nutritious menus for all expeditions
• Bake trail snacks and dehydrate fresh food in large quantities
• Train instructors on how to prepare those menus in the field
• Ability to easily give, receive and implement feedback
• Meticulous care in working with dietary requirements and allergie
About Strathcona Park Lodge and Outdoor Education Centre
COME WORK AT SPL
Are you looking for a place to live and work filled with fun, kind, compassionate, hardworking, adventure-seeking individuals like yourself? Join our team for 2023 and beyond, and experience our stellar community, beautiful scenery, and exciting adventure opportunities. The majority of seasonal positions run from early April to the end of October.
Our Dream Team is:
Passionate about outdoor education and connection
Inspired by SPL’s mission and core values https://strathconaparklodge.com/our-story/values/
Diverse in skills, education, cultural backgrounds (BIPOC), genders, LGBTQ2S+, and any other equity seeking groups
Able to thrive in an off grid, environmentally aware, road access wilderness lodge setting
Clean living in our drug and smoke free property
Fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
If you would like more information, feel free to call at 250 286-3122, or email [email protected]