● Ensure training lesson plans are prepared and implemented that meet Rites of Passage Program outcomes according to timetable
● Demonstrate and train Trip Leaders on leading basic team building, outdoor living, and survival skills
● Lead Trip Leaders on an overnight training hike at Shenandoah National Park
● Provide guidelines and demonstrate pull out, usage, cleaning, and storage of all ROP equipment according to Camp Dogwood standards
● Ensure Trip Leaders follow safety and emergency procedures and policies whether on or off-site.
● Observe and evaluate Trip Leaders in terms of aptitude and skills required for leadership of the ROP program
● Evaluate the success of the training program and recommend the modification of curricula if necessary
● Ensure that Trip Leaders are managing the participants’ daily care including personal health and hygiene needs.
● Oversee daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair
● Ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance of equipment and facilities is adhered to; and report repairs needed promptly to the Director of Summer Programs
● Ensure that the ROP site and other designated site at camp are kept free of hazards and debris
● Must be at least 25 years of age.
● Must have demonstrated experience in leading or coordinating outdoor or wilderness adventure trips.
● Must be currently certified or be able to obtain certification in Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder.
● Must submit health history record, examination form, proof of covid vaccination, and a negative Covid-19 test before the first day of work.
● Ability to interact with all age levels.
● Ability to work cooperatively.
Some physical requirements of a Rites Of Passage position require endurance, including prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, walking long distances, hiking, climbing, and stretching; requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate outdoor equipment and lead camp activities; requires the ability to lift to 50 lbs.; willing to live in a backcountry camp setting.
About The AnBryce Foundation
The AnBryce Foundation is a philanthropic organization that promotes social change by building a community of global citizens through education, career, cultural, and leadership opportunities to under-resourced young people.