This position is responsible for providing excellent program instruction for our Mountaineers youth programs. Program Instructors will instruct primarily with Mountain Workshops, but may also assist with other youth programs or in the Gear Library. Mountain Workshops are single-day or multi-day experiences designed to expose youth to basic outdoor skills. The curriculum is designed to match the goals of the visiting group and impart on the youth participants a desire to explore and conserve the outdoors. Mountain Workshops happen during the workweek, early evenings, and weekends.
Learn more here: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/cfda82deba034ca6a1679939dd881fcd-youth-program-instructor-part-time-the-mountaineers-seattle.
· Proficiency belaying with an aperture device in a top-rope environment
· Ability to pass criminal background check
· Experience working with youth, including those furthest from justice, and/or customer service experience
· Outdoor Education experience
· Personal experience hiking, backpacking, and/or snowshoeing
· Ability to safely lead 5.6 sport climbs is preferred
· Current First Aid & CPR certification
About The Mountaineers
We are a community built around passion for the outdoors. For over 100 years, our volunteers have been teaching skills, sharing adventures, creating volunteers, and conserving land. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit our mission is to enrich the community by helping people explore, conserve, learn about, and enjoy the lands and waters of the Pacific Northwest and beyond.