The Overlake school seeks a full-time Assistant Director of Experiential Education for the 2023/2024 school year.
Founded in 1967, The Overlake School is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational, college preparatory day school. Each Overlake community member is committed to the school’s mission to inspire excellence, develop intellectual curiosity, teach responsibility, embrace diversity, and foster a compassionate community.
Based on background and skills of the individual hired, responsibilities would include partnering with other members of the department on Service Learning, Clubs, Outdoor Education, Project Week, and Senior Projects. Additionally, this candidate will have responsibilities to design student directed learning opportunities, teach a class, and refine curricular scope and sequence continuing the department’s curriculum mapping initiative. This role is highly collaborative as it demands working directly with students, supporting teachers and administration, and responding to the needs of the community, government, or non-profit organizations. Group facilitation, instruction, communications, community outreach, database and budget management, as well as scheduling are key responsibilities. This role processes, evaluates, and provides quarterly feedback to high school students’ progress toward graduation requirements. Program oversight includes, but is not limited to retreats, Service Days, Project Week, Senior Projects, the clubs program, student advising, holiday gift programs, student fundraising, support of Outdoor Education programs, and field trip coordination.
Preferred Experience & Background:
· Masters degree preferred, Bachelors degree or equivalent required, along with classroom teaching and program oversight experience.
· Professional Experience in Project Based Learning, Global Learning, Service Learning, Outdoor Education, non-profit partnerships, or educational outreach.
· Brings perspectives, identities and skills that reflect, affirm and enrich the diversity of the Overlake community
· Ability to lead classes, workshops, facilitate large group events and activities
· Additional program coordination experience or interest in outdoor education, project-based learning, international travel, and place-based learning desired.
· Exceptional communication, organizational, and project management skills.
· Ability to manage school-wide learning and trip planning processes.
About The Overlake School
Founded in 1967, The Overlake School is an independent, nonsectarian, coeducational, college preparatory day school. Each Overlake community member is committed to the school's mission to inspire excellence, develop intellectual curiosity, teach responsibility, embrace diversity, and foster a compassionate community.