The Wilder School: An Acton Academy is a 1st – 5th grade independent, private school located in Winchester, MA. Our learner-driven micro-school is on a mission to guide young people on a journey of self-discovery so that they can find a calling and change the world. We combine elements of the Montessori method with Socratic guiding, hands-on projects, and interactive technology. Underlying our method is an application of the Hero’s Journey, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
A journey, like ours, needs innovators and leaders – people who see challenges as creative opportunities.
What we offer:
As a team, we want each person who enters our doors to thrive. Upon hire, you will receive specialized training that will equip you to be a Guide and continuous mentoring and support along the way. Our complete curriculum is ready to be implemented and the structure of our learning model means that there is minimal after-hours work. We are a part of a network of skilled guides across the world that share best practices, provide feedback, and offer resources to enable everyone in this role to thrive.
• Ongoing professional skill development through collaborative guide sessions
• A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
• Career growth and promotion opportunities
• Additional trainings/certificates paid by the school
• Paid time off every 5-7 weeks (ranging from a long weekend to two weeks of winter break)
• This is a 10 month position (September through June)
We'd love to talk to you if you:
• Have experience working with children ages 6 years and older in a daycare, camp, aftercare, or school setting
• Support child development by giving them the tools to be independent
• Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
• Are passionate about whole child education
• Are friendly with good observational and communication skills
• Get energized and inspired by working with children!
This is a position for an independent learner who: can work with little direct guidance, evaluate and continually improve, has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within, and is a flexible problem solver.
About The Wilder School
The Wilder School: An Acton Academy is a micro-school that approaches education from a whole-child perspective. We employ a blend of hands-on projects with 21st-century technology to reach beyond the traditional educational tools for a truly individualized, and child-driven education. At The Wilder School, our students learn in collaborative classrooms of multi-age learners. Our empowered education model challenges each student with their own differentiated learning plan and equips them, through real-world projects and experiences, to uncover the talents that will transform them into leaders.