We are searching for a full-time Lead Guide (instead of teachers, we have “guides”) for our elementary school to begin September 2021 and work through the 2021-22 school year. The Lead Guide will co-work with our Apprentice Guide five days per week in our mixed age Spark Studio (10-12 learners ages 6-10).
The Wilder School is a private, learner-driven micro-school with the mission of guiding young people on a journey of self-discovery so that they can find a calling and change the world. We combine elements of the Montessori method with Socratic guiding, hands-on projects, and interactive technology. Underlying our method is an application of the Hero’s Journey, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
The Lead Guide will work with our Guide team to:
• Create an engaging learning environment
• Empower learners to set their own goals, strive for excellence, and reflect
• Help learners hold each other and themselves accountable
• Curate excellent resources and challenges
Candidates who will thrive include:
• Camp counselors who enjoy creating games/challenges
• Public school teachers who want and are committed to a different method of educating
• Montessori Guides
• Anyone who values homeschooling/student-directed education
• A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
• Balance of tough-mindedness and warm-heartedness
• Good observational and communication skills
• Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
• Passionate about learner-driven, whole child education
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Customer service and user-centered orientation with the ability to give and receive feedback, meet needs, and get a positive response
• Previous experience in an indep
This is a position for an independent learner who: can work with little direct guidance, evaluate and continually improve, has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within, and is a flexible problem solver. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Email [email protected] to apply.
About The Wilder School
The Wilder School is a micro-school that approaches education from a whole-child perspective. We employ a blend of hands-on projects with 21st-century technology to reach beyond the traditional educational tools for a truly individualized, and child-driven education. At The Wilder School, our students learn in collaborative classrooms of multi-age learners. Our empowered education model challenges each student with their own differentiated learning plan and equips them, through real-world projects and experiences, to uncover the talents that will transform them into leaders.