The Wildland Trekking Company is hiring experienced guides to run multi-day backpacking, base camp style, and day hikes, in the Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountains of NC/TN. Our guides in this region typically work about 12-20 days a month March through October with the opportunity to run occasional winter trips if desired.
Currently we are accepting applications for the 2021 season.
Must have previous guiding experience. Competence in back country travel and living, strong leadership, teaching/interpretation, communication and customer service. Ability to find common ground and connect with novice guests of different ages, backgrounds and nationalities. A reliable vehicle. Ability to pick up and carry a heavy backpack (50+ lbs) for multiple hours/days . A passion to share with others this country’s inspiring natural wonders.
- At least 21 years old to guide/drive
- Previous guiding or outdoor leadership experience
- WFR/CPR certified
- Excellent outdoor cooking skills
- Interpretation skills
- Service-oriented work ethic
- 8-15 pass van/trailer driving
-Strong local knowledge
- Interest in forming a multi-year guiding career with Wildland Trekking
- Pay scale that rewards experience
- Great team and supportive environment
- 401K and possibility for future growth
About The Wildland Trekking Company
The Wildland Trekking Company offers unforgettable hiking vacations in the United States' most spectacular wild areas. Our current destinations include the Grand Canyon, Havasu Falls, Zion, Bryce, the Grand Staircase-Escalante, Sedona Red Rock Country, Yellowstone (including the Wind River Range and Jackson Hole), Yosemite (including Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks), the Pacific Northwest in Olympic and Mount Rainier National Parks, the Colorado Rockies, and the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina.